We are making ourselves delicious fall treats, lots involving sweet potatoes! Well, sweet potatoes are really good for our precious dogs too!! Make these homemade Sweet Potato Dog Chews for your pup. They are healthy, nutritious and very delicious! And what’s better than homemade, pure food for our dog? Nothing! Don’t forget to use the other best thing for your dog…Up & Under Doggy Steps! He will thank you for the delicious treat and the stairs that help him be even more a part of the family.
- 1 Large Sweet Potato, washed & dried
- Preheat oven to 250° F
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off one side of the sweet potato lengthwise, as close to the edge as possible. Cutting the side of the potato first allows you to then turn the potato onto this flat surface that you have just created. Having a stable area to rest the potato will make it easier to cut the potato into slices. Don’t discard that first piece, it comes out just as yummy as the rest!
- Cut the rest of the potato into 1/3″ slices, no smaller than 1/4″.
- Place them on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 3 hours, turning half way through.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Storing – Although these treats are dried, you will want to keep them in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks. You can freeze them for up to 4 months.